Tuesday, November 3, 2015

ROME - Friday, October 16, 2015

Today started early.  I was out the door by 6:45 and only way to Saint Peter's Square to meet Fr. Jude.  I planned to be 15 minutes early and I'm so glad I was .  Being there in the pre-dawn with the night lights still glowing, while Watching the sun come up was magical.  Seeing tourists coming by groups by 7:00 am to beat the crowds.  Pops Francis has a lot of crowd appeal and the numbers here are amazing.  Soon the lights went out and Father Jude arrived from the Metro.  We went through security and entered Saint Peters Basilica while watching a work crew hanging large art pieces on the from of the building using cranes and man power pulling ropes to lift the large works.  

Once inside I looked around a little.  Jude pointed out the altar to St. Gregory--there are numerous altars around the circumference of the room.  There are also altars on the lower level.  Jude met a brother Nigerian and they decided to co-celebrate--Fr. Patrick who works in the Vatican Museum.  There was a couple from Toronto, Canada present celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and the gentleman was asked to read the scripture.  Today is the feast day of St. Margaret Mary.

This is the first time in a long time that Mass was said with the priests back to me and that the host was dipped into the wine and placed on my tongue.

I celebrated the Mass with them once again feeling the harsh absence of the feminine.

After Mass, Jude had some errands to run at the Vatican.  I enjoyed following him through the winding ways, talking to Swiss Guards and maneuvering in and out of various offices.
#Pilgrim




No comments:

Post a Comment