Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Pause to Ponder: JUST SITTING Still Point

2020-Jan. 15
Hi Friends,

Today’s PAUSE to PONDER:

Never, never, will our human gifts cease to amaze me.
I listen to teachings from Jean Houston about our Quantum Powers
The Human Brain’s capacity is only overwhelmed by our propensity for creative compassion.
We think we are in a troubled time. Has there ever been a time that has not been trouble?
Each of us has our own absorption capacity for trouble. What is trouble for you, may not be trouble for me. and what is trouble for me may be bliss for you. How is it that we are ONE and so extremely unique? A huge consternation OR a huge richness. PAUSE to PONDER! 
Recently, a book, “fell off the shelf, hitting me on the head.” It is my understanding that when this happens and I wasn’t even reaching for the book, consciously that is, that wisdom’s better part is to read the book. This was an audiobook that showed up as a favored selection from Audible. “How To Kiss the Universe” by Jozef Simkovic has a catchy title and cover that immediately tugged my interest and then my heart. I listened to the book. At first, I thought it was simply an advertisement for The Monroe Institute. It certainly is that! However, when I finished it, I knew that advertising was not its primary aim. I learned a lot. I came away from the reading with more questions now than ever about Consciousness. PAUSE to PONDER
Saturday, as is my practice, I participated in Still Point Contemplative Retreat Day held at the Monastery of Saint Benedict in Erie, PA. We are fortunate to be directly on the shore of Lake Erie, see the attached photo. 
Once a month I participate in “Just Sitting” meditation interspersed with some movement. A day of total silence. A rare opportunity to be with myself and the Spiritual Guides who are part of my life. I do meditate daily - well, almost daily! The day away is special because it allows for a significant amount of time, from 9:00 a.m. till 4:00 p.m. of focused thought energy. When I first started this practice over five years ago, I thought the day would never end and that my body would never survive sitting cross legged on a prayer cushion for the duration. Now, years later, I not only look forward to this special time, but I am always sad to see the day come to a close.PAUSE to PONDER.

Any takers? 
An Invitation:
Would you like to experience a shortened version of Still Point, one morning a month? I would love to have a group of like-minded meditators join me. I am glad to teach - so, that means even if you have never done any meditation, you are welcome to come and learn. 
Let me know if you are interested and what are the best times for you during the week/weekend, morning/evening? I would think about 2-3 hours set aside would be sufficient - of course, I won’t want to end- -sigh!!! ARE YOU PONDERING??? Message me please.
NOTE: You can sit in a chair. Not required to sit on the floor.
*******
Photo of Lake Erie Shore at Glinodo Retreat Center near Erie, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment