Thursday, June 16, 2016

We Are Called


Theme for our day of prayer:
"We are called to a spirituality that insists we spend ourselves making the world as beautiful
as God, the Artist, the Word, meant it to be.”
adapted from Joan Chittister, OSB

Recalling the BEAUTY is another name for God, we sing:

O, Beauty, ever ancient; O Beauty, ever new:
You: the mirror of my life renewed, let me find my life in you!
Marilyn Schauble, OSB

Meaningful Moments:
- Always look at others, at interruptions, at anger, at violence, at disruption
with the eyes of the HOLY and feel my own personal transformation in the moment.

-It is more than important, in fact, imperative to stay grounded in the deep river all that
is when the world is storming around me.  Enlarge my soul and deepen my heart
to embrace all in transformative love.  There really is no other way.

-Choose my words from the depth of my being, not the fear of my mind.

-Give up struggle for Blessing!

-The Vow of Stability…..I’m thinking about the implications for my life?

-There is always more.  After all the Cosmic Christ is Cosmic!  The Sacred Universe is Universal!
Each of us is all of that!  So there is always more!

At the end of morning prayer the Monks’ Schola sang a Native American chant:

It is Finished in Beauty
I walk with BEAUTY before me
I walk with BEAUTY behind me
I walk with BEAUTY above me
I walk with BEAUTY below me
I walk with BEAUTY all around me
I walk with BEAUTY within me.
YOU are BEAUTIFUL, O God!
traditional chant

No comments:

Post a Comment