Sunday, July 15, 2018

Listen for the Voice


Listen for the Voice

It’s time for prayer
It’s time to share my deepest thoughts
It’s time to know the secrets of my soul and
   listen for the voice of GrandFather God.

It’s time to love
It’s time to dream my deepest dream
It’s time to hold on and open up my heart and
   listen for the voice of GrandMother God.


The past couple of weeks have been filled with Earth’s gifts and wonders.  I know that every day is gifted with wonders, but this has been a special time.

What happened that made these past couple of weeks so unique.

First, I was on my way to Cleveland, to Playhouse Square to take in a show.  While still on the local highway, a huge bird flew out of the trees from my right.  I had to brake hard to avoid colliding with him.  His wings touched the windshield on the passenger side.  He was large and brown.  At first his size made me think EAGLE.  He was powerful and his wingspan was huge.

I have done a bit of research.  I wondered if it was a hawk, but everything I felt said EAGLE.  It simply did not fit the description of Eagle I grew up with.  Doing further research, I found that could very well have been a young Eagle.  I am wondering if my wondering about WHAT bird it was is simply a distraction.  The facts that I know are these:  It was a huge bird.  It came from the side, seemingly out of nowhere.  It’s timing was nearly suicidal – Was it depending on me to be aware and quick to act?  I learned a lesson about my spontaneity and my quick reaction to the element of surprise. 

I hit the brakes hard.  Glad no one was close on my tail.  I heard and felt the windshield touch its wide spread wings.  I held the car steady and strong on the highway.  I was filled with amazement and wondered, “Why me?”  Why Now? What lesson?”

What about you?  Are you paying attention to what calls you?  OR are you ignoring or pushing these awesome invitations away?  We all have them.  We must wake up to the extraordinary in your life.  Embrace it!

Would love to hear from you,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment