Tuesday, September 15, 2015

LOST

We left before 5:00a.m.  I was hoping for starry sky but the clouds had come in. During the night I looked out the window of our Albergue in Azofra and the sky was clear and filled with stars. I continue to long for our early morning walk to be blessed with millions of stars.

This morning the Camino had something much different in store for us.  We set out following the familiar yellow shells and bright yellow arrows.   As we walked on we noticed that we weren't seeing the familiar markings. All three of us had our headlamps lit looking for some direction.  Joel got his phone out and opened the Camino app with the map on it and we began to follow it although we were doubtful.  This experience was very scary and I was extremely grateful that I wasn't wandering alone out here.  I was placing a lot of trust in my two companions until after wandering in the wilderness for about 90 minutes we found our way blocked by an electronic fence that was securely locked.  All we could do was turn around with the hope of retracing our steps and finding another way out of this maze of farm roads.

We came to a T in the road and made a guess to turn left.  It is still quite dark out.  Around 7:45 we saw other pilgrims' headlamps behind us.  WHEW!  That was really scary and now we are getting tired after all of the climbing and descending.

We are now on the way to Ciruena where we lost Maribel who walked on ahead of us.  I was feeling nauceous and had to stop for a rest and a bit of food and water.  After a brief rest we walked through the town and visited the Cistercian Hostel.

We then continued on our way.  I had become very tired with all of the extra walking and climbing and my hips and knees were beginning to ache and my water was running out. The Camino doesn't want to hear about that though and our only option was to continue on.  Finally we saw Granon in the distance and although we still had a couple of large hills to transverse I knew I would get there.

Each day brings different challenges.  I am learning at all levels of my being and I am being tested at every level also.

One of the gifts I bring, and have shared with others, is the gift of healing.  There are many deeply wounded, especially from Earth Mother's demands on us.  I have been teaching hands on healing such as healing touch and other modalities.  The young doctor to be who is one of my traveling mates was amazed that after I shared some healing with her and taught her to do the same she did not need the Ibuprophen or the anti inflammatory cream that she had been using on her knees.  I am grateful to be helping a budding physician to be open to Universal energy that some of call God's Grace.

Buen Camino,
Pilgrim Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment