Sunday, September 6, 2015

BEGINNING the TREK

Buen Camino!

We began our trek this morning after breakfast of hot chocolate, yogurt, croissant. At 7:30 I was walking through St Jean's on my way to Roncevalles a 25 km walk that is mostly strenuous and uphill. It was much more challenging than I had imagined.  I arrived at Orisson at 11:30 which was a 700 meter climb.  My heart had been racing with the climb plus the more than 20 pounds that I am carrying.

I decided to be wise and ask for help to travel the remaining 17 km to Roncevalles.  When I arrived before the others, I booked rooms for all 5 of us at the Albergue.  I ate a salmon lunch with red wine sitting in the sunshine to warm up and dry out the sweat-wet clothes.....

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." --Lao Tzu

Much Love,
Pastor Carol
Pelegrino/Pilgrim

No comments:

Post a Comment