Wednesday, September 12, 2018

From Barcelona to Montserrat - Camino of Ignatius 2018

Landed in Barcelona around 8:00am. Claimed luggage and repacked so that I could carry everything. Took the Aerobus to Plaza Catalunya and using a street map and a few inquiries along the way—-located Father Jose Louis office at the Jesuit University.

He was more helpful than I could have imagined. In just a few moments he made arrangements for the first few days of the Camino. He reserved my train ticket to Loyola for Sep 20 AND he accompanied me to a store to get a sim card. I am truly grateful for all the time he spent helping get my phone working. I feel the need to learn Spanish.

We parted with a two-cheek kiss. As I made my way down the steps to the subway, I realized the absence of my walking stick. Argh! I must have left it in his office. Not going back. Headed to Montserrat.

Subway system difficult to understand. Over bought a pass that I thought would get me all the way to Montserrat, however, it only got me to the first transfer point. There is special pricing to get up the mountain. I took the train to the cable car arriving around 3:00. First stop was the basilica to be in the presence of the Divine Feminine.

Checked in with the monastery pottier at 3:35. Have a place to rest, pray and meals. All good.

In the twilight a storm rolled in. The thunder cracked through and bounced emphatically off the stark bare stone spires. Power failed. Microphones, Internet, ATM, and more needed time to restore after the storms.



***The light and the dark. Today I was blessed with many angels of help, protection and kindness. One of them- actually two of them- after the fact I realized they were working together. While an older man offered assistance with the train ticketing purchase, the younger attempted to swipe my luggage. Later in the day I thought to check my credit card. The older man removed it from the ticket machine. I wondered if he switched cards on me. Thanks for protective angels. All is well.


No comments:

Post a Comment