Wednesday, April 10, 2019

2019-04-10 Monastic Welcome: Home at last!

Landed in Barcelona at 8:58 a.m. this morning.

Came a new way from the Barcelona Airport, to the Monastery. It went pretty smooth. Had a number of helpers who were eager to help with purchasing tickets at machines that didn’t speak English. There was one that my intuition said, “Don’t trust. She doesn’t have your best interest at heart.” 

Glad I paid attention to my intuition. If I hadn’t listened, I would have missed my connection to the Cremallera that climbs the mountain to the Monastery. Check out the pictures.

I have been here a number of times now and I still take pictures as if I have never seen the place before. It is always new to me. I am like a child, full of wonder the closer I get to the top of the Mountain.


Everything feels “like home”. I know where to go, what to do, what to expect - I thought! This time, something is very different. I have been watching my own reactions today.

I climbed the long staircase to the fifth floor, lugging my suitcase and carrying a heavy pack on my back. I buzzed the porter to enter the building. A new person that I didn’t recognize was at the welcoming desk. He asked my name and called Father Sergi, who was expecting me.

What interesting feelings. Sergi came out of his office to greet me with the wonderful double hug and kiss gesture that is common here and always unexpected until I experience again for the first time.

He quickly smiled his warm welcoming smile. Handed me a room key and said. You know your way around. See you later, or maybe tomorrow.

In that moment I realized something very important: I had transitioned from being a “guest” to being “family”! Yes! How wonderful to be given the keys to the queendom and expected to be me.

Much love….and I pray that wherever you are, wherever you are traveling, wherever your heart beckons you - may be home for you today - may be family.

Carol 
Photos: 
Climbing to the Mountain Monastery in the center of the spires in the distance. In foreground is city of Monistrol

The Cremallera is the train that takes me up. Photo is one coming down as we pass while going up.

My room is the top floor - the two small windows in the left corner

No comments:

Post a Comment