Saturday, April 13, 2019

2019-04-13. Monastery Bells

Photo of Monastery Bell Tower as the clouds move in.
Today I am enjoying a day of solitude in my room. 
Spending time in prayer, journaling and meditative art.

I am listening to the Tower Bells as they announce the beginning of Mass. I feel their vibration course through me. It is more powerful, and I think as important, as the blood coursing through my body.

It is as if the Bells remember in me a time of elation, a time of desperation, a time of ecstasy. If one recalls past lives, I believe that my drive to spend time in Monasteries is because I am deeply connected in ways that I find impossible to express in words; perhaps past lives. I believe, it is about something that we have yet to comprehend. Maybe there are ways that one's Soul dimension is connected to ALL TIME and we all memories that may be ours from different time dimensions or may be the way we are connected to ALL TIME, past, present AND future. In some ways, it doesn't really matter. Something about these thoughts opens my heart space to consider and hold something larger than my imagination can bear.

My body and soul FEEL so incredibly the energy here on this Holy Mountain of Montserrat. I am more me and experience moments of total awareness when in this Sacred Place. This experience in no way diminishes the Sacred Space of my home in Ohio, or the myriad of Sacred Places that I have visited throughout my travels. Actually I know every place is sacred, because there is no place that isn't filled with the Christed energy, the Buddha Light, the Divine Spark of the Hindus. 

Although, it is unique in my way of being and feeling as it is for each of us. It is truly impossible for words.

I know that this visit is different from the others. Maybe it is due to the realization that I am now part of the Family instead of a Guest. I have a new found comfort here and a deep sense of responsibility to myself, to the monks and to this place and the energy of the Divine Feminine that it holds and emanates. A large part of me simply belongs here. I think that is the reason, that even with the huge barrier created by the limitations of language, I have still been able to connect in deep ways with the Community here.

The Bells are beginning to toll - OMG they are magnificent! Announcing the time for the Young Boys to share, singing praise. I hope to be able to post a recording of the Bells.
+++

Have you found the place where you are most at home? 
Does your Soul long for a place that you know, or you hope, exists?
What can you do about it? 
Do you want to find it? 
Does it seem out of reach?
Are you aware of a past life? 
Does it make any difference to the way you live into this life?

What questions are moving in you as you read this?
+++

No comments:

Post a Comment