Thursday, April 25, 2019

2019-04-25 Monks Away

Walked through a dense morning fog and drizzle to the Basilica. 

Actually, at 4:15 this morning, I was brutally awakened by my cell phone falling off the shelf above my head in the Albergue bunk beds, smashing into my left cheek bone. It was on the shelf recharging during the night. I have been concerned this might happen, but I didn’t listen to Spirit’s urgings to take preventative precautions. Will I ever learn to listen???

I am fortunate it did not directly hit my eye. I got up and wet it with cool water, wishing I had some ice. I don’t remember seeing any in the kitchen. I used cool water.

When I was awakened, I looked outside, noticed the dense fog. There is a picture of the tree outside my window. Of course, it might have appeared a bit blurry to me because of the impact of the Iphone.

Went back to bed holding Rieke energy around the left side of my face. My eye seems fine. I can see and focus. It is my cheekbone that took the hardest hit. 
I visited Saint Mary of Montserrat, the revered icon of the Black Madonna, aka, La Moreneta. Pilgrims come from all over to experience her healing energy. During prayer, I suggested that a black eye, although it might make me resemble her a little more, might not be very😎 becoming😉 on my otherwise very pale face!

The Monks are away today for a one-day retreat. 
No public Laudes, morning prayer. I went and prayed Laudes by myself.

There was a large group of Chinese pilgrims here. They must not have known the monks would be away. Their guide realized this, when there were no bells announcing prayer and no monks appearing. Of course, I couldn’t understand what was said. I observed as they moved from the Nave to the Cambril chapel behind the statue to chant and pray.

I listened to their voices. Interesting how the sound of praying voices, even in a foreign tongue, is soothing, calming. I chose to stay and pray quietly while being soothed by their prayerful sounds.

Wind howls and whips through the trees outside the Basilica. Whistles and whines through the old building’s crevasses. 
I hear the sounds and think SPIRIT! L’Esprit Sant!

Glad to be in these protective walls, or am I?

Have you ever discovered, what you considered safe, to be your greatest challenge?

I took more photos of the continued dense fog of this morning. No sunrise to capture this day. Can’t even see the outline of the huge mountains hiding, playing a serious game of hide-n-seek. A selfie places me in the midst of the mist.

Fascinated with my new experience of long silver hair, I took a couple of selfies. I don’t know how much longer I will let it grow. There doesn’t seem to be a reason to cut it. and there are some reasons not to. Researched Native American teaching. Ever think about that? Why do all Native men and women keep their hair long? I feel and look very different, a new persona. Sometimes I feel and look very old. Sometimes old and wise, or silly! I must admit the years pass by more rapidly now than ever before. It is okay. I find contentment in the me I am now and becoming.

How about you? Are you content? If not, what will it take to find for yourself a way to embrace and love the inevitable process of growing older? Do you have any idea what a gift you are? What a gift your life of experience is? Sometimes I think the stronger the lessons one needed to conquer, the wiser the Elder, the richer, more valuable the gift.

Today, a long-time friend wrote with an update of old acquaintances that I haven’t seen in many, many years. I responded that I thought it was time for a visit before none of us remembered who we are or have left this Earth’s beauty and bounty. We are working on a date to make that visit happen for real. Can you imagine how it will be as we silently compare and contrast our ability to age gracefully??? What characters we are!

You? Any old things that you want to renew? Friendships, relationships, seeing a beloved place one more time while you have energy to walk that far and courage to remember? Remembering, simply for the sake of remembering and smiling. 

So important to love every moment of the journey, even the raw and raucous moments. Lance, what did those Benzie Boys do to poor old Frank on the way home from camp?

I know I have much to share. I am living in my largest NOW ever and planning to give back as much as I can to as many who would benefit and want what I share. Years of wisdom and grace.

Our American culture is not good with recognizing the gifts of our Elders. In the months that I am privileged to be in Spain, I experience an honoring and caring from complete strangers. Offers of umbrellas in the rain, a strong armed stranger to hold, on rain soaked slippery stone streets. Try to say that one fast🤪.

I have been thinking about what I am best at being and how I want to give back.
I want to have more spiritual life coaching clients. 
I think that is my truest calling. I see the results and am uplifted to watch young and old receive encouragement and direction from the time we share. I am fortunate to have a depth of training and a gentle/strong soul to guide seekers with love, compassion and care.

I am happy to share inspirational presentations about how spiritual travel is a model for living one's life. I love to lead retreats about my experiences in Spirit, the Monastic Immersion, Divine Feminine, Camino-my Life, Chants and Dance, Meditative Journaling, using lead questions for meditative writing to share and find deeper meanings—-small group and large group sharing. Use of other sacred writing, images, music. All of this is to help us connect with our own life experience and its deep value.

When I return home, I will package some examples to share and promote. I want to reach more people who might be needing encouragement or guidance. Perhaps a gathering to share every couple of months and find encouragement in one another's experience.

Preparing promotional pieces to distribute and let others know what I can and love to share. I want to get the attention of those who are looking for such a resource. I will rework my Vitae to include my experience with Benedictine Monasteries and leading Still Point, Zen styled Prayer with the spiritual community and the larger community.

I plan to design prayers similar to the Hours. Finding the psalms sometimes oppressive for those who may not understand. I want to create a positive psalm experience. One resource that I like a lot is Thomas Merton’s, Book of Hours.

I have a library of short films to watch/discuss; a membership to Gaia which opens all kinds of possibilities. I am especially interested in Consciousness studies and how that might imply connections with Divinity.

We could also view a major film for reflection, applying our learning to today’s realities,we are all forced to live, like it or not. Teach and encourage others to keep a journal of every day experiences of Christ filled, Light filled moments. I would like to explore the power of revisiting and remembering who we are because of who we once were.

I have a Healing Prayer Lodge in my yard. I would love to have others join me with the stone people for a time of physical and spiritual cleansing, as we sing and pray in the steam and sweat of our own reality.

Responding to a request from former students, I am designing a seven to nine-day Camino Retreat experience. Lots of wonderful opportunities to experience Divinity.

How are you experiencing the Divine in your life? Do you feel dry and stagnant? Need a little boost? Let me know what you need, chances are I can help or know who or what can.

There are infinite possibilities when thinking about connecting with the infinite.
WE ARE THE ONLY LIMITATION TO OUR BECOMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment