Monday, April 1, 2019

2019-04-01 Lent 4 Monday- Don’t Hang Up!

I bought a new shirt that announces on the front: Reality Called. So, I Hung Up!

My comfort level does not allow me to wear the shirt. I thought it would be funny. Something to joke about when working out at the Gym. I’m always on the lookout for black tees that are suitable for exercise classes and weight lifting. I have worn the shirt once. I simply cannot put it on again.

I have told myself that I take things too seriously. Just wear the shirt.

No, I can’t, because I now understand my discomfort. It is a lie for me. I love my reality. I realize the Reality of my life is the Spirit in whom I find my home. The ups and downs, the ins and outs, the straights and circles, the diversity of people that keep life exciting and, yes, challenging. What a magnificent Reality.

If everything was picture perfect, I would be tremendously bored. I love interacting with minds that force me to stretch and grow.
I believe that each of us has a major influence on our personal Reality.

For me, it is about the relationship that I nurture and foster with Divinity, the Deep Mystery, the Presence. It is about how I become more and more like that with which I am in relationship. This is not a new or unique thought. Ever notice how people who have been together for a length of time, become more and more like each other. They begin to unconsciously imitate mannerism, speech patterns, even likes and dislikes can be influenced. Sometimes they begin to look like one another!!!
If I choose to live in negativity and anger - it is those like-minded that I will draw to myself. If I am surrounded by negativity and anger, my life is uncomfortable and I will keep this unhealthy cycle going, UNTIL, my awareness wiggles and making a conscious choice. I choose to change my heart, open my embrace, trust where I hesitate to trust, accept and include, where I would rather solo.

I have changed my life and my experience of each and every moment of my life. I will continue to have ups and downs, ins and outs, straights and circles, the diversity of people that keep life exciting and, yes, challenging. What is different is ME! and the world is a better place to live in. I become more richly a gift for others who are on their way to wiggling awareness; AND a gift to myself!
ooops! I slid. I let a negative moment creep through my being. Stand up, shake it off, look in the mirror, forgive me and love me and my wiggling awareness shines!

++++
Do you love your Reality?
What would you like to enhance or expand?
What would you like to let go of?

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

--- Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment